Who Is Rebecca Koltun From George To The Rescue?

George to the Rescue, NBC’s long-running home remodeling program, is returning. After broadcasting the first episode of Season 13 on March 26, the program is gearing up to record an episode on Rebecca Koltun, a spinal cord injury survivor. In 2021, the 21-year-old was in a life-threatening skiing accident in Vermont. George Oliphant will be featured in Episode 2 making deliberate modifications while rebuilding her Plainview house to ensure she has a safe living environment. George to the Rescue is a home remodeling program starring expert contractor George Oliphant, who works with incredible home renovators to restore homes for families and communities.

Learn More About Rebecca On George to the Rescue

Rebecca Aleck Koltun is a 21-year-old Binghamton University chemistry and Spanish student. The Plainview native is a strong, intelligent, ambitious, humorous, and motivated young lady who aspires to attend a prominent medical school. She enjoys sports such as skiing and soccer and is an expert at the New York Times crossword puzzle. Her Instagram is full of photos of her enjoying a good time beside a pool or participating in adventure sports with her buddies.

Rebecca Koltun

In 2019, the medical student spent six weeks in San Pedro, Costa Rica, where she volunteered, traveled, and took lessons on children, which lead her to meet incredible individuals. Koltun is close to her friends as well as her parents, Scott and Audrey Koltun. Rebecca was skiing with Erik, her 19-year-old brother, at Stratton Mountain in Vermont last year when she was involved in a horrific accident that immobilized her neck. She was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center right away. Many of her friends and the Plainview community were startled by her accident. This prompted others to organize a fundraising effort to help pay for her treatment and medical expenditures.

Rebecca Koltun

Rebecca’s mother expressed her disappointment on the campaign’s website:

“I was informed that she was without oxygen for an extended amount of time, which might have resulted in brain damage or death.” It was made apparent to me that she would not survive the helicopter flight to [Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center] and that a team of no less than 20 physicians had done all possible to rescue her.”

She had surgery, but she had suffered serious fractures that would take months to heal. Rebecca is now taking medication and receiving constant therapy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *