Shawn Mendes has postponed the remainder of his Wonder World Tour after postponing it for three weeks on July 8 to concentrate on his mental health. On Wednesday, July 27, Mendes announced the cancellation through his social media platforms. Mendes had planned a global tour to promote his most recent album, Wonder, which came out at the end of 2020. Due to the continuing pandemic at the time, the 23-year-old had to postpone his trip. Mendes was set to start the tour in 2022 on July 9 in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and it was going to last through August of the following year, but the arrangements were scrapped.
Following Mendes’ short explanation of why he had to postpone the tour completely, many fans supported his choice. Several supporters supported him in his decision to cancel and advised him to “take all the time” he needed to recuperate. However, several local (native) and foreign fans were dissatisfied with the loss of hotel reservations, transportation fees, and other services.
What did Shawn Mendes have to say about the Wonder World Tour being canceled?
Shawn Mendes recently said on social media that he was not prepared to deal with the stress of going back on tour. He stated:
“I began this tour happy to finally go back to performing live after a long gap due to the pandemic, but I was completely unprepared for how tough traveling would be after such a long layoff. After consulting with my team and working with an amazing set of health specialists, it has become evident that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally to ground myself and return stronger.”
Shawn Mendes further indicated that he planned to “resume with the remainder of the dates after some much deserved time off.” However, Mendes’ official website now lists all tour dates through August 1, 2023, as canceled. Furthermore, it is unclear if Mendes will continue the Wonder tour next year or later.
Shawn Mendes reaffirmed to his followers in his message that he will continue to make songs during his tour break. This raises the chance that the Wonder tour may never take place, since Mendes may go on a substitute global tour to promote his upcoming album. While the theory is conceivable, given that Wonder would be more than two years old if she waited until 2023 to announce fresh tour dates, it is still purely speculative and should be treated as such.
According to Shawn Mendes:
“…at this point in life, I must prioritize my health. This does not mean I will not be creating new music, and I hope to see you on tour in the future. I know you’ve all been waiting so long to watch these concerts, and it kills me heart to inform you that I won’t be returning until I’ve had enough time to recover. I adore you all and am grateful for your love and support along this trip.”
Fans applaud Shawn Mendes for canceling tour dates due to mental health issues.
As previously said, a slew of Mendes fans extended their love and support for him across all social media channels where the singer shared the remark. The majority of replies demonstrated that supporters care more about his well-being than their own. They told him that prioritizing his mental health was entirely okay. While most people applauded Shawn Mendes’ choice, others questioned him about refunding the ticket money. Many fans who flew in for his concerts may not get adequate reimbursement for their hotel reservations and flights. As of yet, Mendes’ official website under his record label Island Records has not posted any information on ticket refunds. It will be interesting to watch how the artist handles this issue.
Appreciate you dude. Here’s to coming back happier, healthier, and stronger than ever. 💪🏼❤️
— Mikey Piff (@MikeyPiff) July 27, 2022
Take as long as you need to feel better. We love you so much and we will always be by your side through anything. We are here when you get back as stronger than ever. and take care of yourself always. ❤️❤️
— It’ll be okay (@shawnmondes_) July 27, 2022